Carboxymethyl Cellulose Ceramic Grade
Carboxymethyl cellulose Ceramic Grade
Carboxymethyl cellulose(CMC) Ceramic Grade is creamy white powder or granular, it can be readily dissolved in water to form clear, viscous solutions.Our Ceramic CMC is particularly suited for use as binders and provides high strength to the unfired substrate even at low dosage while producing excellent plasticity, good suspensions, uniform slurries and low residue upon firing.
Our CMC is used as the most efficient binders,thickeners and stabilizers in ceramic glazing to provide benefits:
* Assisting in the formulation of stable glaze suspensions
* Tailoring the flow and application to the situation
* Directly controlling the drying rate of the glaze as it is applied
* Increasing the mechanical strength of unfired glaze surfaces
* Promoting uniform pigment dispersions for uniform color
We recommend low to medium viscosity CMC with typical addition level 0.1-0.5% against weight depending on the final desired characteristics of the glaze.
Besides glazing, our CMC can be used in whole process includes dry pressing,slip casting,tape casting, extrusion ,etc. during ceramic production.It is used to binding the mix and stabilize the ceramic slip, eliminate shrinkage,build the body texture more accurate,provide strength even the very thin tape,etc.
Detailed specs can be available on request. We dedicated to develop product to meet customer demand properly